:: What is Puppy Kindergarten?
Puppy Kindergarten is a structured learning and development program for puppies between the ages of 8 weeks and 14 weeks old. As part of the 6 week AA in Dogology obedience course, the Pre K9 incorporates real life applications, such as teaching a dog to have their nails clipped, stand on a grooming table, how to ride in a car, sitting politely while you are talking to your neighbors, improving basic manners such as sit, stay, down, recall, leave it, taking things nicely, drop it and settle.
What does Puppy Kindergarten entail? Your puppy will:
• Be given a consistent opportunity to go potty outside, making potty training a breeze to achieve.
• Learn to be handled by humans, setting them up for successful vet visits, greeting people, exposure and socialization towards all kinds of people (men, women, children, elderly, people in uniform, etc).
• Be exposed to all kinds of sounds at our facility and neighboring residential communities. For example the noises from delivery & garbage trucks. Part of your puppy's sound stimulus experiences will include visiting the local hardware stores and exposing them to the fork lifts, banging and stocking of heavy material, both wood and metal.
• Learn proper traveling habits through field trips to Waterford Lakes, local stores, and back.
• Learn to walk on different substrates such as tile, wood, carpet, gravel, and grass. In addition puppies will be exposed to different textures and sense through other forms of tactile conditioning.
• Learn to have his/her nails clipped WITHOUT a fuss.
• Learn to develop respectful boundaries with people and dogs.
• Learn to stand on a grooming table, exposing them to the grooming experience, such as being brushed, nail clipping, and teeth/ear cleaning exercise.
• Learn how to successfully adapt to living in a house. This means responding correctly to strangers at the door, lawn mowers, delivery trucks and vacuums! Also your puppy will understand how not to be greedy or pushy while you are eating dinner.